The Ex Libris Leganto Reading List Management tool is now available for use in Blackboard, Canvas, and Sakai. The reading list tool can help instructors create impactful resource lists using library content and integrate a variety of materials into one, easy-to-use list. The tool is accessible from inside the learning management system, so students can access the reading list, along with other course resources. Instructors and librarians can collaboratively create and process reading lists for students from all types of resources.
Because the reading lists tool is integrated in Blackboard, Canvas, and Sakai, access to materials is easy and streamlined for students.
Here are some of the key features:
- Instructors can create reading lists from books, articles, streaming media, and other resources held by the Libraries or add their own content. Reading lists integrate with the saved favorites feature on QuickSearch and lists can be used for multiple sections of a course or copied into new courses.
- Reading lists can be divided into sections, by chronology, or by citation type.
- Instructors and students can view information about each citation such as availability and status.
- Instructors can collaborate with peers to enrich reading lists and keep them up to date.
- Instructors can access usage data about their reading lists.
The tool is now available in the external tools sections of the learning management systems. For more information, or if you have any questions, contact me at email@example.com.